A Brief History of Highlights
Timothy Christian School opened on September 1, 1975 with 3 teachers and 108 students in grades 1 through 7.
In 1976, this expanded to 187 students in Grades 1 through 8 with a significant building addition.
Grade 9 was added in 1977 with 225 students attending.
On January 23-24, 1978, the entire building burned. Arrangements were made to use empty public school buildings while plans and construction of a new building took place.
With the opening of the new building in September, 1978, Grade 10 was added and 292 students attended.
Grade 11 was added in 1979, requiring 15 full-time and 2 part-time teachers.
In June of 1981, the first students graduated from Timothy Christian School.
- The first special needs program was developed and implemented in 1984.
- In 1996, an expanded library and two computer labs were completed as a two-story addition.
- In 1997, four portables were added to accommodate an increasing enrolment and diversity of courses being offered.
- These portables were replaced with a permanent structure in 2005 along with a shop expansion and renovation.
- In all these expansions, the LORD has richly blessed in providing all our needs as a school community.
- "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it:" Psalm 127:1a